Lysander flight experiences
from Duxford Aerodrome
Fly in a Lysander
PREMIUM FLIGHT EXPERIENCES
Find adventure amongst the clouds with an extraordinary, world-exclusive flight experience in our Westland Lysander from Duxford Airfield.
Join our team at our private facilities for a pre-flight safety briefing, before strapping into the rear seat and immersing yourself in the soft-sweet sound of the Lysander’s Bristol Mercury engine as you take to the skies from this historic former RAF airfield. Soar above the surrounding East Anglian landscape packed with wartime legacy and discover some of the forgotten locations this esteemed aircraft called home.
Lysander flight experiences are incredibly limited and facilitated on select dates. Missed the opportunity to book a flight? Contact us now to register your interest and be the first to be notified of future availability.
- Free entry to IWM Duxford for the person flying and two guests, including entry to the iconic American Air Museum.
- A pre-flight mandatory safety briefing within our designated facilities
- Free on-site parking for all guests and reduced site admission for additional guest available on the day.
- A Tree planted for every flight undertaken, in partnership with HomeTree.
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the day as well as access to cafés and restaurants across the site.
- A flight suit, gloves and flying helmet (headset) provided to you for your flight.
- Your vintage warbird experience from the Aircraft Restoration Company hangars.
- Up close access to the aircraft after your flight with the opportunity to take photos.
- Access to our viewing area throughout your time with us, with a fantastic view across the airfield.
- Gift bag containing an Aerial Collective Logbook recording your flight.
Aerial Collective exclusively offer a limited number of 30-minute and 40-minute Lysander flight experiences for individuals looking to experience an emotive and truly unique flying adventure.
Following a detailed safety briefing at our hangar facilities, you will join one of our seasoned pilots within our pilot’s hut and on-airfield private viewing area. Here you will be equipped with a flight suit and gloves and discuss any personal desires for your flight experience with your pilot.
Strapped in, you will be facing rearwards and towards the tail of the aircraft, making the most of the Lysander’s large canopy and the views out across the English Countryside passing below. As an aircraft heavily known for completing clandestine operations during the Second World War, you will have the opportunity to look down upon some of the most significant and secretive airfields from the Lysander’s wartime legacy.
With the locations of former Lysander airfields, RAF Tempsford and RAF Newmarket, only minutes away, there is no better place to explore the skies and the last reminders of this aircraft’s contribution towards history.
Please note that the airborne time is approximately 6-10 minutes less than the given experience length.
LYSANDER FLIGHT EXPERIENCES